Ukrainian Drones Target Nizhnekamsk Oil Refinery and Kuban Industrial Sites

Credit: UAWire

Ukrainian Drones Target Nizhnekamsk Oil Refinery and Kuban Industrial Sites

Ukrainian drones struck an industrial facility in Nizhnekamsk, disrupting the local industrial cluster and damaging residential buildings, according to a statement issued Thursday by the Tatarstan government’s press service.

Several people were injured and are currently under medical supervision, UAWire reported.

The main strike targeted the Zakamye economic zone in Tatarstan. Early in the morning, regional authorities reported a large-scale drone attack on the Nizhnekamsk district. A drone threat regime was declared in nine cities, and airports in Tatarstan temporarily restricted arrivals and departures.

Exilenova+ reported a strike on the Taneko oil refinery in Nizhnekamsk and released video showing drones over the industrial area. "According to preliminary information, 12 people were killed. As before, foreign specialists were likely among them," the Ukrainian monitoring channel stated.

Another Ukrainian channel, Supernova+, also reported the attack on the Tatneft-owned refinery. News outlet Astra released footage of an attempt to shoot down one of the drones over Nizhnekamsk. An explosion took place, but the drone continued toward the local industrial zone, according to OSINT analysis. Ukrainian armed forces have previously carried out multiple drone strikes on Nizhnekamsk. On August 10, one such attack killed 13 people, including citizens of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Drones also targeted Russia’s Krasnodar region. According to Exilenova+ and Supernova+, the strikes aimed at the Tamangazneft oil terminal in the village of Volna and the Tamanskaya substation in the Temryuk district. The Telegram channel Krymskiy Veter reported a fire at a military airfield in Primorsko-Akhtarsk, Krasnodar region-a site used by Russia for launching drone attacks against Ukraine. "Thermal signatures were recorded near the shelter area," the monitoring channel said.

Krymskiy Veter also reported widespread power outages in Russian-annexed Crimea, attributing them to an attack on the Russian 500 kV Tamanskaya substation. "It’s a key element of the energy bridge connecting Kuban to Crimea. That’s why all of Crimea lost power at 01:45. The bridge’s emergency capacity is 810 MW," the channel noted.

Meanwhile, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said the Moscow region came under attack by 250 drones on the night of August 19. Most were destroyed at long range, he claimed. "Twenty-eight drones were destroyed in the Moscow region. Emergency services are working at the sites where debris fell," Sobyanin wrote on social media.

Ulyanovsk region governor Alexei Russkikh reported one person wounded after a drone attack on the region. "A young man suffered a head injury. He’s in serious condition and is receiving all necessary medical assistance," Russkikh wrote. He said 11 Ukrainian drones were intercepted and destroyed overnight, with no damage to infrastructure.

Related news

Ukrainian Drones Target Nizhnekamsk Oil Refinery and Kuban Industrial Sites

Ukrainian drones struck an industrial facility in Nizhnekamsk, disrupting the local industrial cluster and damaging residential buildings, according to a statement issued Thursday by the Tatarstan government’s press service.